Lately, I’ve been on the hunt for music to help put me in the mood to work. I’ve found a couple good sources over the years that I wanted to share. Here are a couple of my favorites:
- This is a great source for helping me focus, specifically when I need to zone out and finish a coding project for a few hours. They are always adding more music, it’s completely free, and makes you feel like you’re on a spaceship or in the matrix.
- This is a free radio station that runs on donations. They have a whole bunch of channels, my favorite being Groove Salad. They’ve been around for a long time and are always adding new songs into their rotation.
- This is a newer station that a coworker recommended to me recently. I’m still exploring it and so far is pretty great.
- This site is pretty unique in that it focuses on binaural beats, which is music that alternates beats in each ear in order to force your brain waves into a more productive state. It works via subscription, so it’s not entirely free, but I have found it to work fairly well if you really need to get work done and some of the other options aren’t quite enough for you.
- Last but not least is good ol’ Youtube. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s been a Lo-Fi & Synthwave boom happening on there, I assume from the pandemic and all the time people have to produce new music and generate passive sources of income. I’ve posted some of my favorites below that you can stream and get into the zone.
Happy coding! Feel free to comment with some of your favorites as well, I’m always looking for new sources of music to help me focus and I’m sure others are as well.
Be First to Comment